Scoby Update

Scoby & Kombucha making!

image

image

Now I’ve got 2 experiments going on.
The photos above are the original scoby brews I started a while ago. On the 2nd photo, you can see the new layer forming on the top. You can also see the original scoby I’d taken out to examine floating at the bottom.

The following pictures are the newest scoby’s in process. It seemed to make a huge difference to use distilled water & plain black tea.

image

image

Before the end of week one I noticed the fermentation starting! It took 3 weeks with the containers above!

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Scoby Update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s